This was the first time in a long time we hosted Thanksgiving festivities. Mom and Dad were up from New Mexico, so we had a good family dinner. Here's the menu:
1. Brined turkey with a maple-butter glaze.
2. Maple glazed butternut squash with thyme.
3. Sweet potato biscuits.
4. Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic.
5. Mom's stuffing.
6. Roasted parsnips and carrots with champagne vinegar.
7. Mushroom gravy.
8. Homemade cranberry sauce.
9. Pumpkin cheesecake with a blueberry and cranberry sauce.
Needless to say, we ate far too much, but isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? Well, that and family and giving thanks and whatnot. And speaking of family.
Ah, Thanksgiving: the greatest holiday of all.